Motivation and laziness have been my problem for the past couple years. I own up to it and for a really long time I just didn’t know what to do about it. My mom would tell me that I must not want to lose the weight, which was completely wrong. But I still did nothing about it. Or I would be all about a diet plan for about a week before the desire would fizzle out and laziness creep back in. I’ve always had a problem sticking with something as things lose my attention quickly (A.D.D. much?)
This year I’ve decided that I need to JUST DO IT. Quit procrastinating and whining and being lazy and just do it.
Have a work-out plan. I am more likely to go to the gym when I have all my gym items packed into a bag and I’m ready to go straight after work. If I go home first, there’s a 50% chance I won’t make it to the gym. And if I tell myself I’m going to skip working out that afternoon and do it in the morning, there’s a 100% chance I won’t. I know this and that is why I plan ahead. You have to find out what works best for you.
Put up skinny pictures of yourself and/or celebrities, models, anything that inspires you, all around the house. Especially all over the fridge. Some people seem to be motivated by their fat pics more so then skinny pics so whatever works for you.
ALWAYS have fresh fruit and veggies cut up and ready to go in the fridge. This is a big one for me and I’m really working on it. When I get home from the farmers markets on Sundays, I automatically wash and cut up everything that I just purchased. This will help when snack cravings appear out of nowhere.
Have weight loss goals throughout your entire loss. It gives you something to work forward to without being so overwhelming that you quit half way through. My goals are:
10lb loss: Manicure and Pedicure
20lb loss: New Heels
30lb loss: My mom is taking me bathing suit shopping! :)
40lb loss: Handbag splurge
50lb loss: New wardrobe
Stick with a plan that works for you. I've tried so many fad diets and have spent so much money on crap that didn't work. I've ate foods that I didn't like because that's the plan I was given. I've started workout plans that were so boring and I quit that week. No wonder I didn’t stick with anything! Being healthy is a lifestyle change. Now, if I don’t like a certain food, I don’t eat it. And that’s okay. And I have fun exercising. I'm not a runner, nor try to be one and that's okay too. Have fun and enjoy life!
And last but definitely not least...
Eat Dessert! Don't deprive yourself of foods that you enjoy. Moderation is KEY! And plus there are so many healthy dessert swaps out there that you can pretty much find anything to satisfy your cravings without ruining your daily calories!
Some other things that work for me are keeping a food diary, but not counting calories. Also, keeping an exercise journal so I make sure that I am pushing myself harder every week.
Happy Workouts!
XOXO, Crystal
No comments:
Post a Comment