Today is Day 1 of my 7-day raw detox diet and I'm not going to lie, it was hard.
This morning was STRESSFUL - I woke up to car problems, nothing was going right, I was starving and I really felt the urge to drive through the Burger King window to get hash browns and a coffee! But I didn't!
The car problems caused me to be stuck at home car-less ALL DAY...around all my food temptations. Originally I planned on beginning the detox on a Monday so that I would be at work with less temptations and couldn't just snack all day. But obviously things never go as planned.
I'm tired, I'm cranky and I'm hungry. I hope this is all worth it in the end!
Breakfast - Smoothie with spinach, strawberry, banana, chia seeds, cinnamon and water
Lunch - Salad with a ton of veggies, apple, water with lemon
Snack - Almond butter on celery (I'm not sure if pb is okay, but I needed it and it's all natural)
Dinner - Salad with a ton of veggies, nectarine, water with lime
Snack - Guacamole with celery
Dessert - Banana "ice cream" (Basically, a frozen banana in the blender)
AND while I am being completely truthful, I did sneak a handful of dark chocolate chips in my banana "ice cream". Just a couple.
Tonight I had to make cupcakes for work for Valentines. Which is why I felt the urge to have the chocolate chips. But I was really proud of myself for not eating a cupcake!! Why on earth would I want to go raw during Valentines?! I didn't plan this well but I know it will be worth it. And I've already told the boyfriend no more chocolate is to be brought in the house :)
Hope everyone is having a much better Monday than me!
XOXO,
Crystal
No comments:
Post a Comment