2/3/12

1 step forward, 2 steps back

Last night I splurged and had a cake batter blondie. I couldn’t help it. I made them for my boyfriends lunch (I should have known better!) and had to taste test. Which then turned into me grabbing a fork and eating a huge ooey-gooey piece. Which inevitably ended in me feeling sick to my stomach because of all the sugar and mad at myself for giving in. One bite would have been plenty, but that just wasn’t plenty for me apparently.

It’s so frustrating constantly having to battle with healthy and not-so-healthy foods. I really just have to keep them out of our house. 

So I vow to myself that from now on, only healthy desserts are being brought and made in our house. Even if they are just for the boyfriend’s lunch.

Side note: The boyfriend drinks Lactaid milk and I had run out of my Almond Milk so I just drank some of his last night. That was before I looked at the calories. 160 calories in ONE glass of Lactaid whole milk. 160!! That is absolutely freakin ridiculous. Maybe it’s because it’s whole milk? I’m not sure because I’m not an whole milk person. I definitely will not be substituting that again. So lesson learned – always look at the calories first.

Apparently between blondies and whole milk, last night was an entire flop. In order to make up for it, today I am working out extra hard. And I hope to get morning and evening exercises in on both Saturday and Sunday. This weekend will be better.

Happy Friday!

XOXO,
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way; I shop healthy at the supermarket, start feeling really good, and then bam! Someone brings in cookies to work and I'm off the wagon. Or my sister buys a pint of ice cream and I don't have the will-power to say no. Let me know if you figure out how to keep those things out of your house (and your thoughts!)

    ReplyDelete