2/7/12

Afternoon Munchies

Today the afternoon munchies hit me like a snow-storm! Right around 3:45, I thought I was going to die from starvation. But then I realized it really wasn’t starvation. Because I had a banana with a spoonful of maple almond butter, yet I was still hungry. So I tried a cup of raw carrots. Still hungry. What I really wanted was a huge chunk of cheese, some nachos with drippy cheese, broccoli with cheese, string cheese, a bagel and cream cheese….anything with cheese! I would have paid for some cheese (yes, it was that serious.)

I drank some water and promised myself that if I still wanted cheese when I got home, I could have a small piece with some crackers before my workout. And you know what? I completely forgot that I wanted that piece of cheese!

So lesson for today: 
Stop thinking about it. And if you can’t stop thinking about it, have a small piece.

My energy was down a little today too. Not sure why, but usually when I feel like this, this is when I start talking myself out of the gym. “Oh, just go to bed early and wake up in the morning and work out.” 

But I DID go to the gym tonight. I’m not going to mess this up already. I had another hour long session on the Cross Ramp and then came home and did some crunches and planks. (Or should I say plank, because I could only do it once.)

So with low energy and a craving for cheese, I think I am going to add some more protein into my day time eats. Maybe a piece of string cheese or some cottage cheese (am I really still thinking about cheese?!) or even some eggs.

Food Log:
Breakfast – Kashi cereal with blueberries and skim milk
Lunch – Smart Ones lasagna, grapes
Snacks – raw carrots, banana with maple almond butter
Dinner – Healthy Shepherds pie with lots of veggies
Dessert – handful of dark chocolate chips

Food Calories: 1248
Calories Burned: 450

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you really have a handle on things, you're going to do great! Healthy shepherds pie sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete