Yesterday I woke up feeling bloated and just all over gross. Lately, this has become something that happens at least a couple times a week for me. I won’t go all into the specifics, but I definitely know that something is whacky with my digestive system. I just don’t feel “normal.”
I’ve been reading about raw diets for a while now, after one of my favorite youtubers, LizYArtur started talking about it years ago, but I never thought that it was something I could manage full-time since I still have to cook for my boyfriend. It’s hard having all your old favorite foods in front of you when you are on a new lifestyle change, but the boyfriend has been amazing with helping with dinners lately so I thought this is the perfect time to try it out. Plus my body has been craving salads like none other and you can’t deny what your body needs!
I can’t say that I am going all out on the raw food diet, but I definitely want to compete at least a 7-day raw detox and then continue with a healthy lifestyle without processed foods. So that is my goal for now. I am hoping that this will give my digestive system a quick start to get back on track and stop all this bloating and give me some much needed energy to rid of this sluggish feeling lately. And a jumpstart with weight loss is always an added benefit :)
I’ll have to stock up on all the fruits and veggies this weekend at the Farmers Market, so I won’t be starting until next Monday. But from today through Monday, I want to start cutting back and slowly start to cut all the processed foods and meat out of my diet.
I thought I have a pretty clean diet as of lately, but when I sat down, thought about it and evaluated, I do still depend on some processed food that could definitely be cut for good. For example, I live off frozen dinners for work lunches, only because they are cheap, easy and fast but I’ve been wanting to cut them out for a while anyways so this is where I will start. They have a ton of sodium and I could easily make something much healthier at home. I know I just need to give myself some extra time to prepare, instead of grabbing one out of the freezer!
Also, I eat Kashi Crunch cereal for breakfast every day, and though this isn't the worst cereal out there, I could definitely cut it out as well and add much needed fruit in the mornings!
I thought I have a pretty clean diet as of lately, but when I sat down, thought about it and evaluated, I do still depend on some processed food that could definitely be cut for good. For example, I live off frozen dinners for work lunches, only because they are cheap, easy and fast but I’ve been wanting to cut them out for a while anyways so this is where I will start. They have a ton of sodium and I could easily make something much healthier at home. I know I just need to give myself some extra time to prepare, instead of grabbing one out of the freezer!
Also, I eat Kashi Crunch cereal for breakfast every day, and though this isn't the worst cereal out there, I could definitely cut it out as well and add much needed fruit in the mornings!
Items I will avoid: Dairy, Coffee, Meat, Sugar, Alcohol, Grains
So that is about it for now! I'm excited to get my body back in great shape and begin a healthy lifestyle!
XOXO,
Crystal


good luck on your detox. you can do it!!! I wish you all the best!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And GOOD LUCK on your juicing. We can keep each other motivated to stay away from the cravings!!!! :)
DeleteI love to add more raw foods into my diet and it'll be even easier in the spring/summer wheneven more veggies and fruits and farmers markets are available! can't wait! congrats on your new goals and detox - you've so got this! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks!! I'm excited :) I live in South Florida so we have Farmers markets year round, but definitely more variety in the summer. I just can't wait that long lol, I'm ready to do this!
DeleteI would love to do a detox like this, but I'm scared I will miss all my favorite foods, lol. I hope it works out for you!
ReplyDeleteThat's why I'm just starting with the 7-day detox lol! Thank you :)
Delete