I don't know where my energy came from (ok, that's a lie - it came from eating clean all week!) but I was on point at the gym last night and got in a fabulous 2 hour workout!! 700 calories burned, GO ME! I just felt like I could go on forever. My legs this morning are hating me, but that's okay cause I woke up this morning 1 pound lighter :)
I can't explain how much better I feel after this raw detox. It is truly amazing how much healthier your body feels when you feed it only fruits and veggies!! I feel fantastic!
The only complaint I have at all is that my skin is super-duper dry this week. I was doing some research and I think this could be due to having not much protein. I think if I was to do this raw detox again, I would add some protein shakes to the mix. I actually plan on purchasing this weekend - anyone have any recommendations?? Also, anyone suggest a pro-biotic that they love? Let me know! :)
Other than that, things are great. I'm not that hungry still, which is fantastic and I have so much energy that I don't even miss coffee in the mornings!
Breakfast - Pineapple chunks
Lunch - Guac with cucumber "chips" and baby carrots
Dinner - Salad with spinach, cucumber, green pepper, onion, tomatoes
Post workout - Half of a raw protein bar
Worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes, 200 calories burned. Yes! :) I am still really sore from yesterdays 2 hour sweat fest! So I just took it easy today.
Hope you guys are having amazing workouts as well. Summer is just around the corner (it's year round in South FL!) so let's get in the best shape of our lives! (too corny?!)
Happy Thursday friends!
XOXO,
Crystal
Good for you!! :) Fitness&health are a big part of my life as well - I don't know how I find the time to manage - but I spend an hour in the gym 5 days a week during my lunch break of a longggg work day, and (sometimes) I go on Saturdays too. I hope you can reach your goal! :) I'd be more than happy to give you some positive reinforcements. I do NOT go by weight, I am - well, very opposite of your high school body. I am very athletic and strong, my waist is a size 7 and my thighs about a size 14 - so needless to say, I'm not meant to be itty bitty! Sometimes it helps to not weigh yourself for a few weeks, or to just go by your size size, how you look and feel, and make sure you don't have anything jiggling around, and that's what I shoot for!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! :) I am definitely trying to stay away from the scale. If I don't lose a pound but FEEL better, I can tell that I still lose a little motivation over the number. I need to start going more on how I feel for sure! So happy to meet you. I'll be coming to you when I lose my motivation :)
DeleteThank you for following! I'm so excited to read and go through this weight loss together! I agree with Gina, and I'm trying to learn that myself...even if I don't lose any weight, but I'm eating healthier I can seriously just feel skinnier and less bloated! Keep doing your thing girl!
ReplyDeleteYAY, for blogger friends :) Seeing a picture of myself right now is waaayyy worse to me than seeing the number on the scale so I have to remind myself that it's all about how I look and feel! Thanks girly!
DeleteWow, a two hour workout! Props to you! :) Good for you for eating clean all week, thats so great! I love that REAL and whole foods give us so much more energy than junk food. Keep up the great work! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I'm always ready to go for the long work-outs in the first week, my problem is keeping my motivation...But YES, my diet has helped soooo much!
Delete