I slacked this weekend. I’ll admit it. I just wasn’t in the mood to go to the gym. (I did clean house for 4 hours on Saturday and then danced all Saturday night so that counts, right?! OK, good!) Seriously though, my legs are feeling the dancing Saturday night so I did get something in.
Today I signed up for a 3-day trial for the gym that is upstairs in the building I work in. I’ve been talked into coming to participate in the classes, but never really thought much about joining because my gym is more convenient for me...and 2 minutes from home. But now that I am in full-on fat burning mode, I thought that 2-a-days would be perfect! I’ll be paying almost $100 a month on the 2 gyms, but I think it is worth it (for me) for the next couple of months.
So my plan is to work out during my lunch break 5 days a week at my work gym, in addition to 5 nights a week at my home gym. And then weekends can be a free-for-all and either include gym time, bike rides, runs outside, taking the dog to the park, etc. I would like to eventually add in some weight-lifting days, but I really just want to get off some of this weight first.
My goal is to lose 10 pounds a month and be 30 pounds lighter by Memorial Day (which is when I will have to get in a bathing suit.) I think this is completely doable if I continue to work my booty off and stay on track with my meal plan.
Breakfast – Was a flop. I brought in oatmeal with a banana but my morning slipped by me before I realized it was already 11:30 and time to work out. I didn’t want to work out on a meal, so I ate the banana and saved the oatmeal. I need to start getting up earlier so I have time for breakfast at HOME!
Lunch – Ravioli Florentine, grapes, Fiber one chocolate bar
Pre-workout – apple with justins almond butter
Dinner – Teriyaki chicken breast, sweet potatoes, corn
Dessert – Greek yogurt with blackberries
Total food calories: 1150
Burned calories: 175 + 445 = 620
I’m not sure if my calories are enough?? I’ve been trying to stay around 1200, which is what is recommended for me through myfitnesspal.com, but today I came up short because I skipped half of my breakfast. I need to research some more to see what I should be eating and how to adjust for the days I work out twice. Today, my 1st workout was only 30 min because I ran out of time after signing up so I only burned 175 calories. But from here on out, I will be getting an hour at lunch and 1-2 hours at night, burning (hopefully) around 900 calories. Anyone recommend a website that I can find out how much I should be eating?? Let me know!
On a completely different note, my blackberry decided that it doesn't want to work anymore and gave me the "white screen of death." I guess it's time for a new phone, sigh.
XOXO,
Crystal
This weekend was a total bust for me too..I do good all weekend long then weekend comes and that's it!! But anyway, I use myfitnesspal.com to count my calories..if u go to it will tell you what it thinks should be your range but if you feel that it is too high or too low, you can adjust it, let me know if you join it so I can add u as a friend :)
ReplyDeleteI'm on my fitness pal, but I don't log nearly as much as I should. Trying to get better at it, my goal is to log in every day of March!! Let's connect and you can keep me on track :) I'm under skinnylittlethoughts
Delete