Or I stop somewhere on the way home and grab "something" because I really don't feel like cooking. And that "something" tends to be over my calories and over my grocery budget.
Or I read other blogs and see all the yummy food and then I'm off to the grocery store to get the ingredients to make a dish I didn't plan. Goodbye calories and grocery money....
BACK TO THE BASICS
MEAL PLAN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Breakfast ~
Egg whites and laughing cow swiss cheese wedge
Coffee with milk
~ Lunch ~
Turkey or chicken deli sandwich with veggies
Carrots or Celery with cream cheese
Fruit (grapes, apple, orange)
Green Tea
~ Pre-workout ~
Protein shake with fruit and water
~ Dinner ~
Meat, Veggie
Green Tea
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I want a dessert, it will be fruit.
Take my multi-vitamin every day
Drink at least 2 liters of water
Workout Monday - Saturday, Sunday off
In bed before 10:00pm
I have a bad habit of never being able to stick to anything when it comes to losing weight. I get side-tracked, I quit or I lose interest after the first week. This includes my meal plans. I am constantly trying to find something that works for me and something that I can keep up.
I think reading blogs has kind of stalled my weight loss as well. I was reading on Jenn's blog where she asked the question "Does healthy food make you fat?" And YES, I think it does! I have gotten so many great recipes from the blog world that are super healthy or even semi-healthy, but it's not helping me personally! She used bananas as an example which fits perfect. Before blog-world, I didn't know about banana ice cream or to sweeten my protein smoothies with a banana, or to add banana to my oatmeal. Some days I am eating up to 4 bananas in a day! And that's a lot for me being on a strict diet. Oatmeal is another story. I would have never thought about adding all the yummy add-ons into my breakfast bowl had it not been everywhere in blog land! Nuts, greek yogurt, chia seeds, fruit, spinach, etc, etc...my oatmeal bowls were getting to be 600-700 calories. All healthy stuff, but way too many calories for me!
I wonder why I am not losing weight like I want to, even though my diet is so healthy and I'm working my butt off. I think it's all in how much I am eating. Just because it's healthy for me, doesn't mean I need it right then.
Along the same subject, I buy stuff because it's healthy and then I never use it. Like the kale that's been sitting in my fridge for a week. Did I need to buy it? No, I had spinach to use. Why did I buy it? Because everyone that writes a blog was eating it and raving how healthy it is. (Yes, I'm a follower, don't judge :))
So back to the basics with my food choices. I want to see if this works for me this week. I've got to get this weight off and it's just not budging. I'm hoping this new approach will get me going in the right direction.
(And don't worry, blog world....I am "pinning" all your yummy healthy recipes I see for when I get back on track!)
Happy Monday everyone!!
XOXO,
Crystal
I wish I could throw all the things that I souldn't eat out the door but I can't bc of my kiddos...they don't exacly like the "diet" food...but good luck this week :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I have that problem too because of the boyfriend! I've slowly starting incorporating healthier things into his diet though so we can both get healthy. Also, portioning out my meals for the week and putting them all in tupperware together helps me for when I'm "hungry" - I can just grab out of my food.
ReplyDeleteI'm a creature of habit myself and could literally eat the same exact thing every day. In fact I eat the same breakfast for the last year or longer! But hubby is too much of a cook and gets to bored to let me do it for dinner. Back to basics sounds like a good plan!
ReplyDeleteHey Crystal,
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it suck that we even have to watch our step with bananas?? UGH I hate it!!!!!! I didn't buy banana's this week when I went shopping.
Maybe next week :( It always helps to have a plan, so good for you coming up for one. Every morning while I'm eating breakfast, I take 5 minutes to plan what I'm going to eat for the day. I might not always get to stick with it because, life happens sometimes, but at least since I have a plan, if I go off, it is just a little bit.
I also only menu plan for 3 days at a time. That way I don't waste money if I don't get to a planned meal because of some fort of unforseen circumstance (even something as simple as deciding to have leftovers etc.) That has helped keep the waste and money under control. The down side is that I have to go to the grocery store a little more (which I hate! With a passion!) but I feel like for my success right now it is kind of necessary.
Your dedication will pay off :)