3/9/12

Plan, make good decisions and go to bed

Yesterday, I feel off the wagon completely! My food choices were just pitiful, I was exhausted because I didn't get enough sleep and I forgot everything. 

I am the prime example of  needing to follow these rules:

1. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN and plan some more. Your meals that is. 
2. Starting your day bad, makes you lead to bad decisions.
3. Go to bed at a decent hour EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. 

I woke up late (thanks in part to a 2am bed time because the boyfriend's band had a weeknight show and what kinda gf am I if I don't stay the entire time and show my support?!) Anyways, back to the story. I woke up late, had to rush to slap some makeup on my face and clothes on my body and then out the door I went.


My breakfast, lunch and workout clothes were all forgotten on the dining room table. Great.

So as I'm driving to work, I'm thinking in my head "I'll just skip breakfast today because I'll have to skip my lunchtime workout..." Yeah, right! I knew I would be starving by then. And then it happened. My body pulled into Wendy's, while my mind was screaming no. I ordered an egg and cheese biscuit. But then I also got hash browns, because I was already being bad, why not be reeeeaallly bad. All or nothing, baby! I don't know what I was thinking.

And oh no, it didn't end there.

For lunch I ran up stairs to the restaurant in my building and got what I thought was going to be a healthy veggie soup. It was alright. But then I looked up the calories online when I got back to my desk (why didn't I do that before?!) OMG. Needless to say that will be the last time for that soup in my belly!

And again, it didn't end there.

Since I had bombed breakfast and lunch, I just wrote the entire day off and ate 3 (which was probably more like 5) spoonfuls of chocolate frosting that was in our fridge when I got home.

I walked the dog for 2 miles and made a turkey sandwich for dinner to try to "justify" my horrible day. And then I went to bed at 8pm.

All in all, it was a bad day. I was tired, hungry, without a meal plan and without workout clothes. It was a recipe for disaster from the beginning. I'm moving on though. I've had a great week so I'm not gonna let it get to me. Today was much better and I'm back on track. I plan on spending 2 sweaty hours in the gym!



What are your weekend plans? I plan on relaxing all weekend because I have no plans for once and I love it! I of course will be completing my workouts in between all that relaxing. I'm thinking of something fun, maybe a run on the beach or bike ride on the board walk. I live 5 minutes from the beach and don't go nearly enough! But then again, it's spring break and ehhh, I donno. Maybe some workout DVD's at home? OKAY, enough ramblin! Have a great weekend guys! (And a big HELLO to my new readers!)

XOXO,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so honest about your crappy day! Sounds like you have a good plan and are ready to forget about it and move on. That is huge...as you see how one bad decision leads to another one...you are stopping it before one bad day turns into a bad week etc...and that's huge!!!!

    Sometimes just going to bed is the best thing to do but the hardest. I have a real hard time at night. The more tired I am, the harder it is to fight the urge to eat. But you are right, it's just better to go to bed sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I feel like a million bucks now that I've gotten caught up on my sleep. Crazy what sleep deprivation really does to your body!

      Delete