3/1/12

Body Sculpting? Kill me now

Okay, first let me start off by saying that you guys should be glad I'm still alive! (kidding, kinda...)

During lunch today, I got talked into participating in a Body Sculpting class at the gym. I am usually against classes at the gym because:
 
1. I'm always slower than everyone else
2. I feel like I'm being judged, even if people aren't really judging
3. At lunch, I hate getting sweaty and feeling gross all day

All three of the above happened, as expected, today. I've been working out hard core at the gym lately, even going twice a day sometimes! But I am obviously out of freakin' shape yall! I literally had to stop in the middle of this class today because I had to lean against the wall, take deep breaths and shake the feeling of having to pass out on the classroom floor. Or hurl. (Sorry, for the mental picture!)


I think it may have had something to do with the fact that I had to fast last night to get blood taken this morning? (But I did shove eat a Special K bar before working out so in my defense, I did have SOMETHING in my stomach.)

Or I'm just fat and out of shape?

I'll go with the second reason....

Do you guys take any classes on a regular basis? Do you feel like you are going to die afterwards? I think I am going to try and stick with it. (Try being the special word!)

XOXO,
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Go you! Working out on lunch. But yeah, I agree. I feel I don't have time to work out at lunch and feeling icky for the rest of the day is just...icky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works better for me cause I KNOW I get lazy and don't make it to the gym in the evening like I should. I like to get it out of the way! :) Hopefully I can figure out how to get that icky feeling away...

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE fitness classes at the gym and I'm totally bummed that they don't offer them at the gym I currently am a member of. I used to pretty much only take classes - step, sculpt & spinning. All awesome workouts. It does take a little work to get passed the intimidation factor of going to a class. But once you get used to it and the class, you will care even less about if you are slower than everyone else. Because after all, it's about YOU anyway! I give you lots of credit for working out during the day! And I love the picture up put up to go along with your post. So true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!! The classes are very intimidating haha! But I'm determined to stick with it :)

      Delete
  3. I do body pump which I would assume is like your sculpting class. I used to burn myself out in the beginning trying too hard. Then I could barely finish the class and would end up feeling defeated. Now I pace myself through the whole thing starting slow in the beginning with lighter weight. I also take a body combat class twice a week (kickboxing) and I do the same thing with that. I don't punch and kick as hard in the beginning so I can make it through the class. I love that quote! I've also heard "It never gets easier, you just get stronger". SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I need to do, thank you!!! I was trying to be all hard core with the advanced but I really need to pace myself like a beginner. Awesome advice!!

      Delete