3/2/12

Review: Purdue Simply Smart, Original Grilled Chicken Strips

During the weekends, I find myself cooking less and less. Which is somewhat silly, because that's when I have more time to actually make a nice meal. But I would much rather be out with the girls or having dinner with the boyfriend...or pretty much anything other than cooking a meal.

Last weekend as I was walking aimlessly around the grocery store, trying to figure out what I wanted for dinner, for some reason I stopped by the frozen meal section. Usually I avoid this section because it is filled with yummy bad for you breaded chicken and fried fish sticks or meals that have more than your weekly allotment of salt. But I saw a sale for a "new" product that caught my eye.

Perdue Simply Smart, Original Grilled Chicken Strips



They looked pretty yummy on the package AND they pack a pretty nice nutrition punch for being a frozen item...  

  • Serving Size 3 oz (84g)
  • Servings Per Container About 7
  • Calories 110
  • Calories from Fat 25
  • Total Fat 2.5g (4%)
  • Saturated Fat 1g (0%)
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Sodium 340mg (14%)
  • Total Carbohydrate 1g (0%)
  • Dietary Fiber 0g (0%)
  • Sugars 0g
  • Protein 21g (0%)

The good
I love the fact that they are all natural and every item on the ingredient list is something I can pronounce such as sea salt and olive oil. Also, I love that they can be heated in the microwave for a minute and dinner is served. This is perfect to add protein on a salad at lunch time, without adding a lot of calories.

The bad
They were a little watered down. I think this was due to them being frozen and the melted ice thawed in the microwave. I put them on top of a paper towel on a plate and the problem was solved. 

Would I buy these again?
I would definitely buy these again in a time crunch. I used them to make Chicken Chop-chop and they were perfect since they were already cut into strips.


If you go to their website right now, they have a coupon for $1 off any Simply Smart chicken product, including the grilled chicken strips.

Have you guys tried these? If not, print a coupon out and go try them now!

XOXO,
Crystal

* I purchased this item myself and all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about cooking. I do love it but it is so time consuming that it's really nice to have a little short cut. I actually saw these in the store the other day and thought about getting some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the short cuts on the weekends :)

      Delete