3/5/12

Fruits and Veggies galore

When I made my normal Sunday afternoon stop by the Farmers market yesterday, everything looked absolutely delicious (I got a little carried away...) and I ended up coming home with all sorts of yummy fruits and veggies. So I'm excited to start incorporating them into my meals. Last week was not that great with fruits and veggies, so I'm up'ing it for this week.

Today I started off with oatmeal and banana. Honestly, I think I am over the oatmeal craze. It just hasn't sounded appealing to me lately, but yet I keep on eating it out of habit?! Ummm, hello Crystal?! So tomorrow will be the beginning of a new breakfast...

For lunch today, I ate a salad. Nothing extravagant - just romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. Topped with some light blue cheese (Bolthouse yogurt blue cheese, 35 calories for 2 tbsp, score!) and a small piece of steak leftover from last night. Also some strawberries on the side.(Strawberries are sold year round here but now that they are in season, they are the sweetest ever! I could eat the entire case!)

Snacks were a Bora Bora pomegranate pecan superfood bar (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE - review coming soon), a nectarine and some animal crackers. 

Dinner will include roasted brussels and a sweet potato, which is my go-to dinner when the bf is not home.And then some peanut butter cup frozen yogurt to end the day. (110 calories for 1/2 a cup = heaven)

Total calories: 1275
Calories Burned: 745 (30 minutes on Elliptical, 60 minutes on Crossramp)

I'm feeling great today! I love when I'm all motivated on Mondays :) Now I just need to keep the motivation up! Another thing that I am LOVING is that next week is TIME CHANGE!!! I'm so excited to be able to start running outside in day light again. And that means that I can cancel my gym membership at home; $45 a month in my pocket makes me a happy girl.

Are you guys as excited as I am for time change?!

XOXO,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment