3/2/12

Snacking

I started this morning off with a Protein Green Smoothie. Oatmeal wasn't sounding appealing and we didn't have many other breakfast choices in the house that I could quickly make. Plus I wanted to try the new Sunwarrior Warrior blend. (Which was fabulous by the way! Vanilla was sooo yummy!)

I added in the protein powder, 1 1/2 banana, handful of spinach, 1 tbsp Chobani vanilla and a cup of skim milk. It was really good! Tasted just like cake batter. I think next time I will use less banana and a different kind of milk to get the calories down a little. As is this morning, it was 359 calories, 31g protein a 2g fat. Not bad.

But by 11am I was starving and couldn't wait until lunchtime rolled around. I was wishing I had brought a piece of fruit with me from home, but I had none so I ate my 90 calorie Fiber One bar. And then was still hungry.

I need to start grabbing morning and afternoon snacks so that I'm eating every couple hours. I drive an hour to and from work every day and need something that could be portable and eaten in the car. Any suggestions? What do you guys snack on all day that is low calorie?

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

XOXO,
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. My favorite thing in the car are carrot sticks. It keeps my mouth busy and I can really eat as many as I want. I also almond and grapes and apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrots are my go to too! That's what I brought today :)

      Delete
  2. Yep. Fruits and Veggies. I'm a terrible snacker (mostly pretzels) so although I know this that's no always what I do. I can't be trusted with nuts so those wouldn't work for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bad snacker too. I have to portion out everything!!!

      Delete
  3. I always keep a bag of portioned nuts with me. Apples, bananas, carrots and grapes work good, too. I recently bought a little cooler & some ice packs so I could travel with other things in addition to those, like yogurt and cheese etc. It does help me when I'm in a pinch. I am learning to scarf down food in my car while I'm on the go as opposed to going hungry.

    ReplyDelete