Okay, seriously I’m back this time guys! For good. Or for at least a good, long time!
This past month and a half has been rough. We’ve been house searching and though we moved down to this area about a year ago, we honestly don’t really know the area all that well. SoFl is huge and there are a lot of great neighborhoods to live in, but there are also a lot of not so great neighborhoods. And trying to figure out where and what we want to be close to with that in mind was really difficult. We basically based a lot of assumptions off what our realtor thought. And thank goodness she knew the area and gave us an opinion on everything!
We’ve put an offer on the house, got approved and are waiting for our closing date!
Yeah, one stressful thing outta the way.
And then at the same time, I am dealing with a possible lay-off. I don’t know if it’s going to happen and I’ve been praying for the best. With the way the economy is and the state of Florida being so freakin’ poor, my employer has no choice but to lay off employees. It will happen. I just don’t know if I’m going to be one of them. And this is really scary because…HELLO, I just bought a house!!! And also because my family is 6 hours away and I don’t really have anything else to fall back on except the boyfriend. [[And he’s been my rock in this!]] So I am just hoping for the best, preparing for the worst and trying to not stress about it.
Whew! I feel like a whiny baby…but things are tough right now. And diet and exercise has been thrown to the curb.
That’s ALWAYS my downfall. ALWAYS.
When things get tough, I quit.
But I’m ready to get back on and get this outta-control weight off so I can be gorgeous and sexy, even if I am homeless and jobless! (just kidding…!!!)
So today, I got off my fat butt at work and went on the elliptical up stairs for 30 minutes during my lunch break. It felt good to be back, but boy am I outta shape! You would think that as much as I HATE starting over again and again, I wouldn’t quit! It was hard, I’m not going to lie. But I did it. And tonight I will go for another run/walk for 2 miles with the dog.
My eating has been pretty decent though, but not fabulous. I didn’t fall completely off and eat an entire pint of ice cream any day or anything crazy like that. I just need to be getting more fruits and veggies in and less of those carb-things! So back to planning out all my meals this weekend and getting everything pre-made and in separate Tupperware dishes for grabbing.
I’ve still been reading everyone’s blogs and I promise that I’m gonna start making a better effort to catch up with you guys! I miss my bloggies that I was starting to get to know :( BUT I’m back, I’ve got some good things planned and I’m ready!
XOXO,
Crystal
Congrats on the house offer. It's still a roller coaster ride until they hand you the darn keys but that step is HUGE!! Getting back on the wagon is always tough but stick with it. And, you aren't whining-the prospect of job loss is very scary. I hope it doesn't happen.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah it is! Thanks!
DeleteCongrats on the house!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to you getting back on the wagon!!
Thanks girl!
Delete